Friday 18 May: 6pm Radicals, Rebels and Revolutionaries talk, Islington Museum followed by 7pm Visit to the Marx Memorial Library Free Admission.
Talk: Clerkenwell Green has been an important focus for radicals for over 600 years. From rebels of the Peasants’ Revolt to the Tolpuddle Martyrs and Chartists the Green has been used as a rallying point. The Marx Memorial Library at 37 Clerkenwell Green has previously hosted Eleanor Marx, Friedrich Engels and Vladimir Lenin. The Green retains its political association with an annual Workers’ Day march. Walk: After the talk, take a short walk with us to the Marx Memorial Library where John Callow – Director, will lead a tour of this historic building, built in 1738 as a Welsh Charity School. Highlights include extensive archives of the working class movements, a mural of the working classes overthrowing the symbols of capitalism and the editing office where Lenin produced the revolutionary newspaper called ‘Iskra’ (The Spark)
- Don't miss this FABULOUS FAMILY event this afternoon 2pm at Finsbury Library, 245 St. John Street EC1V 4NB from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @allchangearts: #Word2019 pop-up #poetry #photography with our company of older people @csm_news taking place right now by the fountains… 1 month ago
- #WORD2019 brings people of all ages together tackling #loneliness and #isolation by bringing #ARTS #LIBRARIES… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- #wonderful #WORDPLAY performance by #WORDAssociation artists from @allchangearts @lyrixorganix @keychangesmusic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @keychangesmusic: 1 awesome day - 3 gigs @we_are_elements @camden_giving @StLukesTrust @WordIslington proud of our artists promoting pos… 1 month ago