Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Please join us for the Grand opening of our new #catandmouse library islingtonreads.co.uk/whats-on/event… @allchangearts @WordIslingt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: We loved this which was performed as part of the @WordIslington festival! 👍 twitter.com/upswingaerial/… 1 month ago
- RT @HOIeducation: In case you missed it - our Head of Ed's write up on an amazing project for @WordIslington with @AgeUK_Islington https://… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: And we were delighted to contribute to this and talk about our wonderful @WordIslington festival. #librariesweek https:/… 2 months ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: A wonderful @WordIslington commission and definitely worth listening to on #WorldMentalHealthDay2017 https://t.co/bDN4M4… 2 months ago