Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @upswingaerial: @Islingtonlibs @WordIslington @ace_national @UKSCL @LDNLibraries @ace__london We love libraries! 1 day ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @upswingaerial Transforming library spaces for @WordIslington @ace_national @UKSCL @LDNLibraries @ace__london https://t.… 5 days ago
- RT @illustrationHQ: "The game evolved over weeks" - Our Head of Education @EmilyJost on our latest project with @WordIslington. @age_uk htt… 1 week ago
- RT @LyrixOrganix: @poetcurious @BConvention @WordIslington @KingpinLondon yes man! its all down to the workshop leaders, heard they were do… 4 weeks ago
- RT @poetcurious: @LyrixOrganix @BConvention @WordIslington @KingpinLondon That was a dope project! 👊🏽 4 weeks ago