Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @AFCCommunity: ‘Grandads, dads and lads’ football poetry session today - part of @IslingtonLife @WordIslington ‘Going Places’ literary a… 1 week ago
- RT @allchangearts: Thank you @AFCCommunity & #allchangeassociateartist @PaulLyalls for this annual @WordIslington tradition! #Word2019. Th… 1 week ago
- Looking forward to the @keychangesmusic #TalentShow this evening 6-9pm @StLukesTrust for @WMHDay… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @allchangearts: Can’t wait #fabulous #FREE #Family event - Mole & Gecko: The Show today 2pm Finsbury Library 245 St John St EC1V 4NB und… 2 weeks ago
- Launching today on @PoetryDayUK #WORD2019 Festival #Autumn #LibrariesWeek #Arts #libraries #communities 4-6pm… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago