Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @Islingtonlibs: And we were delighted to contribute to this and talk about our wonderful @WordIslington festival. #librariesweek https:/… 1 week ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: A wonderful @WordIslington commission and definitely worth listening to on #WorldMentalHealthDay2017 https://t.co/bDN4M4… 1 week ago
- RT @keychangesmusic: we're celebrating #WMHDay @StLukesTrust with a #festival 2 promote positive #mentalhealth thru #music & #creativity #I… 1 week ago
- Don't miss Islington World Mental Health Day Celebration 2-5pm today @keychangesmusic @StLukesTrust Open Mic & more wordfestivalislington.co.uk/2017/10/07/key… 1 week ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: For all the wonderful arts organisations who make @WordIslington so special. On #NationalPoetryDay this is for you. http… 2 weeks ago