Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @LyrixOrganix: In 2014 we began #UnFold on the humble Box Office Stage. On 6 December we takeover Hall One with @tobythompson__ @sophiat… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @NorfolkLibs Here's our book for #nationaltellastoryday created by Inspire! Young parents from @allchangearts for our @W… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's why we have #IslingtonReads - a community collaboration to promote reading for pleasure in schools, early years s… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: It was such a special @WordIslington event and the best finale for #LibrariesWeek so we should thank our partners @allch… 1 month ago
- RT @HOIeducation: @Islingtonlibs @LyrixOrganix @keychangesmusic @allchangearts @Universalboard2 @IslingtonLife @ace__london It was a real p… 1 month ago