Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @isgiv: We've got that #FridayFeeling - very excited for tomorrow's #InsideIslington tour for @wordislington with @allchangearts @AFC_Fo… 17 hours ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Great to hear some brave #LGBTQI voices at tonight's #SLAMAmbassadors with @PoetrySociety @FreeWordCentre for @WordIsli… 1 day ago
- Celebrating young voices #mentalhealthandwellbeing @PoetrySociety @FreeWordCentre @JTaylorTrash #Word2017 https://t.co/irp5Dvh5Oi 1 day ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Great to be at SLAMBAASADORS @FreeWordCentre part of @WordIslington celebrating words and lives. https://t.co/JIlbDUUTYX 1 day ago
- #Word2017 SLAMbassadors showcase 7pm new voices tonight @PoetrySociety @FreeWordCentre @Islingtonlibs @allchangearts freewordcentre.com/whats-on/slamb… 2 days ago