Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @IslingtonBC: The We Are Islington helpline is now live. Call 020 7527 8222 or email email@example.com if you are a reside… 1 week ago
- RT @IslingtonBC: If you or someone you know needs help to cope with getting food, medicine or practical support as a result of #coronavirus… 1 week ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Really excited to be launching our very first #WorldofStories festival and the launch of #ReadingWell for children with… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: WOW! Is that a @WordIslington bag on Andy Warhol's sofa?! The Word Bird get's everywhere. #Word https://t.co/ILa6xhVuwp 4 months ago
- RT @AFCCommunity: ‘Grandads, dads and lads’ football poetry session today - part of @IslingtonLife @WordIslington ‘Going Places’ literary a… 5 months ago