Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @HOIeducation: Can you guess which stereotypes of young and old people these represent? We had loads of fun yesterday making a card game… 6 days ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Big thank you to @keychangesmusic artists for a great evening at #CentralLibrary. Lovely to see the library transformed… 1 week ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: #HipHop in the #library. Part of @WordIslington with @keychangesmusic #LateAtTheLibrary #positive #mentalhealth https:/… 1 week ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: #Openmic kicks off with @keychangesmusic as part of #LateAtTheLibrary as a warm up for @WordIslington https://t.co/v4cUD… 1 week ago
- Warming up for #Word2018 with @keychangesmusic @Islingtonlibs #lateatthelibrary #livinglyrics #openmic ... countdow… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago