Celebrating the art of letter writing as a form of creative self-expression and global citizenship, young women at Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School wrote letters to young people in Freetown, Sierra Leone as part of Wish You Were Here – a collaboration between English PEN and Sierra Leone PEN for Word2012 led by writer – Kayo Chingonyi.
Here are some of their letters:
- RT @Islingtonlibs: It was such a special @WordIslington event and the best finale for #LibrariesWeek so we should thank our partners @allch… 5 days ago
- RT @HOIeducation: @Islingtonlibs @LyrixOrganix @keychangesmusic @allchangearts @Universalboard2 @IslingtonLife @ace__london It was a real p… 5 days ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: An amazing evening to finish #LibrariesWeek - beautiful intergenerational voices from @allchangearts @keychangesmusic @L… 5 days ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: TONIGHT #Word2018 presents #WordPlay 6-8pm at #FinsburyLibrary - a #popup #lateatthelibrary #LibrariesWeek event with @L… 6 days ago
- @emptypocketlisa @Islingtonlibs @LyrixOrganix Thank you : ) 1 week ago