National Writing Day is a day devoted to creative writing. Join First Story and partner arts and literacy organisations to celebrate the power and pleasure of the written word. We want people to put pen to paper, unleash their imagination and make their voices heard. Leading arts and culture venues will open their doors to the public with inspiring events and activities taking place across the UK. To find an event near you, or to register your own National Writing Day writing get together, visit our website www.nationationalwritingday.org.uk/events. We want everyone, everywhere to get writing on #nationalwritingday in 2018. Join the conversation and share your story on Twitter by following @WriteDay.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Celebrating Diversity. A British Empire Medal for our Stock and Reader Development Manager who has worked closely with G… 1 week ago
- Huge congratulations to our wonderful WORD festival founder! twitter.com/Islingtonlibs/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: On #WorldPoetryDay we celebrate some of #Islington's finest wordsmiths! At last year's @WordIslington festival with a fa… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: We open #IslingtonReadsWeek with the excellent Living Lyrics exhibition of artists from @keychangesmusic -opens Tuesday… 1 month ago
- Congratulations to Tony Brown @Islingtonlibs - one of our wonderful Word Festival founders on being awarded a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago