National Writing Day is a day devoted to creative writing. Join First Story and partner arts and literacy organisations to celebrate the power and pleasure of the written word. We want people to put pen to paper, unleash their imagination and make their voices heard. Leading arts and culture venues will open their doors to the public with inspiring events and activities taking place across the UK. To find an event near you, or to register your own National Writing Day writing get together, visit our website www.nationationalwritingday.org.uk/events. We want everyone, everywhere to get writing on #nationalwritingday in 2018. Join the conversation and share your story on Twitter by following @WriteDay.
- RT @Islington4Women: Meet Islington's new Reading Champion Cllr @TriciaClarkeM and find out about what reading means to her and what our li… 1 week ago
- RT @FrancescaBeard: What a remarkable feat - @WordIslington Festival 2018 was an incredible line-up of inclusive, creative taking part by a… 3 weeks ago
- RT @hubislington: Nearly ready for @WordIslington Finale brought to you by @allchangearts - amazing line-up of performers ahead for tonight… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: It's the end of @WordIslington an amazing journey celebrating young & older people's creativity inspired by reading, wri… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @TriciaClarkeM Great to see you at the finale. A demonstration of Islington's young talent. And let's not forget Islingt… 3 weeks ago