Day 8: Thursday 8 June 2pm – Invited Islington primary school pupils will be heading down to Islington Central Library “Streaker is no ordinary dog. She’s a rocket on four legs with a woof attached, and Trevor has got until the end of the holidays to train her. If he fails, he’ll lose his bet with horrible Charlie Smugg, and something very nasty will happen.” Top solo storyteller John Kirk presents his version of Jeremy Strong’s ‘The Hundred Mile an Hour Dog’. The show is his production for Animal Agents, this year’s Summer Reading Challenge programme for 4–11 year-olds, which starts on 1 July. Find out more about the Summer Reading Challenge and join at your local library.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Another wonderful @dqst_uk with @CookieMonStarUK for @WordIslington and @PrideInLondon 💖 https://t.co/b6zmXN93KJ 56 minutes ago
- RT @keychangesmusic: these brilliant portraits of our artists are part of our #LivingLyrics exhibition @FreeWordCentre which is up for the… 56 minutes ago
- RT @KayaJunction: This Woman's poetry is gorgeous! I want to be her when I grow up. @allchangearts @Islington4Women @WordIslington https://… 19 hours ago
- RT @KayaJunction: Feeling uplifted and inspired by the Womans performance @allchangearts @WordIslington @Islington4Women https://t.co/gxfCg… 19 hours ago
- RT @allchangearts: Join us for #WordsofWisdom 7pm this evening #Word2018 @WordIslington poetry, stories and song by women of all ages 16-93… 1 day ago