Day 8: Thursday 8 June 2pm – Invited Islington primary school pupils will be heading down to Islington Central Library “Streaker is no ordinary dog. She’s a rocket on four legs with a woof attached, and Trevor has got until the end of the holidays to train her. If he fails, he’ll lose his bet with horrible Charlie Smugg, and something very nasty will happen.” Top solo storyteller John Kirk presents his version of Jeremy Strong’s ‘The Hundred Mile an Hour Dog’. The show is his production for Animal Agents, this year’s Summer Reading Challenge programme for 4–11 year-olds, which starts on 1 July. Find out more about the Summer Reading Challenge and join at your local library.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's brilliant news. So proud to work with you and your artists on @WordIslington festival. 👏👏👏 twitter.com/keychangesmusi… 5 days ago
- RT @LyrixOrganix: In 2014 we began #UnFold on the humble Box Office Stage. On 6 December we takeover Hall One with @tobythompson__ @sophiat… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @NorfolkLibs Here's our book for #nationaltellastoryday created by Inspire! Young parents from @allchangearts for our @W… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's why we have #IslingtonReads - a community collaboration to promote reading for pleasure in schools, early years s… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: It was such a special @WordIslington event and the best finale for #LibrariesWeek so we should thank our partners @allch… 2 months ago