Day 8: Thursday 8 June 2pm – Invited Islington primary school pupils will be heading down to Islington Central Library “Streaker is no ordinary dog. She’s a rocket on four legs with a woof attached, and Trevor has got until the end of the holidays to train her. If he fails, he’ll lose his bet with horrible Charlie Smugg, and something very nasty will happen.” Top solo storyteller John Kirk presents his version of Jeremy Strong’s ‘The Hundred Mile an Hour Dog’. The show is his production for Animal Agents, this year’s Summer Reading Challenge programme for 4–11 year-olds, which starts on 1 July. Find out more about the Summer Reading Challenge and join at your local library.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: On #WorldPoetryDay we celebrate some of #Islington's finest wordsmiths! At last year's @WordIslington festival with a fa… 3 days ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: We open #IslingtonReadsWeek with the excellent Living Lyrics exhibition of artists from @keychangesmusic -opens Tuesday… 3 weeks ago
- Congratulations to Tony Brown @Islingtonlibs - one of our wonderful Word Festival founders on being awarded a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: The #ReadingRobin visited the Word Garden today. A lovely project led by @allchangearts and @StLukesTrust in partnership… 3 months ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's brilliant news. So proud to work with you and your artists on @WordIslington festival. 👏👏👏 twitter.com/keychangesmusi… 3 months ago