Since its launch in 2012, the Word Festival has seen thousands of local people of all ages and backgrounds taking part in extraordinary projects and events designed to promote enjoyment in reading, writing and freedom of expression. WORD has encouraged local people to find and express their voice in schools and community centres, parks and playgrounds, football grounds and libraries. This exhibition captures the story so far in their own words and pictures!
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's brilliant news. So proud to work with you and your artists on @WordIslington festival. 👏👏👏 twitter.com/keychangesmusi… 5 days ago
- RT @LyrixOrganix: In 2014 we began #UnFold on the humble Box Office Stage. On 6 December we takeover Hall One with @tobythompson__ @sophiat… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @NorfolkLibs Here's our book for #nationaltellastoryday created by Inspire! Young parents from @allchangearts for our @W… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's why we have #IslingtonReads - a community collaboration to promote reading for pleasure in schools, early years s… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: It was such a special @WordIslington event and the best finale for #LibrariesWeek so we should thank our partners @allch… 2 months ago