Monday 6 June: Word2016 is proud to have commissioned a free theatre based course for people who are affected by dementia and their carers led by Park Theatre. Beginning in May, Park has delivered 10 weeks of one hour long workshops to explore: theatrical ideas, imagination, multi-sensory and other techniques for connection. The workshops enhance wellbeing, communication (including non-verbal), playfulness, collaboration and having fun. Followed by a hot or cold drink in the cafe, a chance to relax, chat and get to know the group, this course is designed for those who are affected by dementia and those who care for a person affected by dementia. On Tuesday 28 June 7pm and Thursday 30 June 8.30pm there will be free performances to celebrate awareness for the project – To book email email@example.com or call 020 7870 6876.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Another wonderful @dqst_uk with @CookieMonStarUK for @WordIslington and @PrideInLondon 💖 https://t.co/b6zmXN93KJ 54 minutes ago
- RT @keychangesmusic: these brilliant portraits of our artists are part of our #LivingLyrics exhibition @FreeWordCentre which is up for the… 54 minutes ago
- RT @KayaJunction: This Woman's poetry is gorgeous! I want to be her when I grow up. @allchangearts @Islington4Women @WordIslington https://… 19 hours ago
- RT @KayaJunction: Feeling uplifted and inspired by the Womans performance @allchangearts @WordIslington @Islington4Women https://t.co/gxfCg… 19 hours ago
- RT @allchangearts: Join us for #WordsofWisdom 7pm this evening #Word2018 @WordIslington poetry, stories and song by women of all ages 16-93… 1 day ago