Monday 6 June: Word2016 is proud to have commissioned a free theatre based course for people who are affected by dementia and their carers led by Park Theatre. Beginning in May, Park has delivered 10 weeks of one hour long workshops to explore: theatrical ideas, imagination, multi-sensory and other techniques for connection. The workshops enhance wellbeing, communication (including non-verbal), playfulness, collaboration and having fun. Followed by a hot or cold drink in the cafe, a chance to relax, chat and get to know the group, this course is designed for those who are affected by dementia and those who care for a person affected by dementia. On Tuesday 28 June 7pm and Thursday 30 June 8.30pm there will be free performances to celebrate awareness for the project – To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7870 6876.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Big thank you to all our arts partners that have worked with us on @WordIslington You're here in every word of this podc… 1 month ago
- RT @upswingaerial: @Islingtonlibs @WordIslington @ace_national @UKSCL @LDNLibraries @ace__london We love libraries! 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @upswingaerial Transforming library spaces for @WordIslington @ace_national @UKSCL @LDNLibraries @ace__london https://t.… 1 month ago
- RT @illustrationHQ: "The game evolved over weeks" - Our Head of Education @EmilyJost on our latest project with @WordIslington. @age_uk htt… 1 month ago
- RT @LyrixOrganix: @poetcurious @BConvention @WordIslington @KingpinLondon yes man! its all down to the workshop leaders, heard they were do… 2 months ago