Monday 6 June: Word2016 is proud to have commissioned a free theatre based course for people who are affected by dementia and their carers led by Park Theatre. Beginning in May, Park has delivered 10 weeks of one hour long workshops to explore: theatrical ideas, imagination, multi-sensory and other techniques for connection. The workshops enhance wellbeing, communication (including non-verbal), playfulness, collaboration and having fun. Followed by a hot or cold drink in the cafe, a chance to relax, chat and get to know the group, this course is designed for those who are affected by dementia and those who care for a person affected by dementia. On Tuesday 28 June 7pm and Thursday 30 June 8.30pm there will be free performances to celebrate awareness for the project – To book email email@example.com or call 020 7870 6876.
- RT @isgiv: Samples of the amazing 'Arsenal Is' work by @allchangearts @AFC_Foundation @AFCCommunity @WordIslington @IslingtonBC https://t.c… 4 hours ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Watch and learn! @FreeWordCentre @WordIslington https://t.co/wzx57aqy9W 1 day ago
- RT @PoetryEducation: Wonderful evening with #SLAMbassadors as part of the @WordIslington at @FreeWordCentre. twitter.com/PJSamuelsPoet/… 1 day ago
- RT @PaulLyalls: #Homeground Talented writers at the Emirates who R Gunner be great poets 1 day #Word2017 @AFCCommunity @isgiv @PaulLyalls @… 2 days ago
- RT @allchangearts: Wonderful #Homeground event #Word2017 thank you @AFCCommunity @isgiv @PaulLyalls @FrancescaBeard @letiValverdes https:/… 2 days ago