Where are you going? – Crossrail hoardings are now live on display at Farringdon Station, Cowcross St. EC1. As part of an exciting collaboration for Word2012, Crossrail and their contractor Laing O’Rourke/Strabag have worked with All Change to commission writers Sarah Butler and Yemisi Blake to create poetic artworks for the public hoardings surrounding Crossrail’s Farringdon Station worksite. Sarah and Yemisi have worked with local residents and workers, inspired by the question ‘Where are you going?’ to create the poetry. The hoardings have been designed by Magpie Studio. A special launch event takes place next Monday 28 May at 5pm.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Celebrating Diversity. A British Empire Medal for our Stock and Reader Development Manager who has worked closely with G… 1 month ago
- Huge congratulations to our wonderful WORD festival founder! twitter.com/Islingtonlibs/… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: On #WorldPoetryDay we celebrate some of #Islington's finest wordsmiths! At last year's @WordIslington festival with a fa… 2 months ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: We open #IslingtonReadsWeek with the excellent Living Lyrics exhibition of artists from @keychangesmusic -opens Tuesday… 2 months ago
- Congratulations to Tony Brown @Islingtonlibs - one of our wonderful Word Festival founders on being awarded a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago