Where are you going? – Crossrail hoardings are now live on display at Farringdon Station, Cowcross St. EC1. As part of an exciting collaboration for Word2012, Crossrail and their contractor Laing O’Rourke/Strabag have worked with All Change to commission writers Sarah Butler and Yemisi Blake to create poetic artworks for the public hoardings surrounding Crossrail’s Farringdon Station worksite. Sarah and Yemisi have worked with local residents and workers, inspired by the question ‘Where are you going?’ to create the poetry. The hoardings have been designed by Magpie Studio. A special launch event takes place next Monday 28 May at 5pm.
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Really good interview with @cigaguides on @BBCRadioLondon about our #Library2Library walks for @WordIslington https://t… 19 hours ago
- RT @IslingtonBC: Next week is start of Islington's #Word2018 Festival - celebrate the power of words with art, dance, poetry, workshops, ta… 1 day ago
- RT @isgiv: These b-rilliant B #Creative #Lyrical workshops are free for young women aged 16-25. Hosted by @allchangearts & supported alongs… 1 day ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: The Dick Whittington and the cats of Archway walk is suitable for families. This walk is FREE but booking is essential:… 1 day ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Congratulations to everyone at last night's #ReadingAhead celebration. We all had a great time including @IslingtonMayor… 1 day ago