The sun came out on Highbury Fields on Saturday, just in time for the arrival of scores of young people (and one gorilla), all carrying bright orange Word Festival bags and books donated by the wonderful people from Oberon Books. The Read-In flashmob bemused, confused, intrigued and inspired the picnickers and passersby who saw it. Hundreds of people took information about Word 2012 away with them.
Click here to see Roman’s video of the event.
Thank you to all the Word2012 Read In ‘Flashmobbers’ for a fantastic contribution to the festival!
The flash mob was a joint production between Islington Community Theatre, All Change’s B Project for young women and Word2012. More photos coming soon…
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Celebrating Diversity. A British Empire Medal for our Stock and Reader Development Manager who has worked closely with G… 1 month ago
- Huge congratulations to our wonderful WORD festival founder! twitter.com/Islingtonlibs/… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: On #WorldPoetryDay we celebrate some of #Islington's finest wordsmiths! At last year's @WordIslington festival with a fa… 2 months ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: We open #IslingtonReadsWeek with the excellent Living Lyrics exhibition of artists from @keychangesmusic -opens Tuesday… 2 months ago
- Congratulations to Tony Brown @Islingtonlibs - one of our wonderful Word Festival founders on being awarded a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago