The sun came out on Highbury Fields on Saturday, just in time for the arrival of scores of young people (and one gorilla), all carrying bright orange Word Festival bags and books donated by the wonderful people from Oberon Books. The Read-In flashmob bemused, confused, intrigued and inspired the picnickers and passersby who saw it. Hundreds of people took information about Word 2012 away with them.
Click here to see Roman’s video of the event.
Thank you to all the Word2012 Read In ‘Flashmobbers’ for a fantastic contribution to the festival!
The flash mob was a joint production between Islington Community Theatre, All Change’s B Project for young women and Word2012. More photos coming soon…
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Fabulous performance from Thornhill Primary School young poets who headlined #StoryStreet stage @TheCallyFest thanks to… 15 hours ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Forget the World Cup #StoryStreet is 'kicking off' with #Word2018 poet @PaulLyalls - lots of great acts on including you… 17 hours ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Drop by #StoryStreet this afternoon for some great storytelling and poetry. #Words4word #Word2018 @TheCallyFest @WordIsl… 17 hours ago
- RT @keychangesmusic: looking forward to @thecallyfest #Islington - performing #music produced at #studiosessions with #musicindustry mentor… 20 hours ago
- RT @PaulLyalls: Happy Fathers Day one n all - My dad used to say to me 'You’ll never amount to anything because you're a procrastinator'… 20 hours ago