The sun came out on Highbury Fields on Saturday, just in time for the arrival of scores of young people (and one gorilla), all carrying bright orange Word Festival bags and books donated by the wonderful people from Oberon Books. The Read-In flashmob bemused, confused, intrigued and inspired the picnickers and passersby who saw it. Hundreds of people took information about Word 2012 away with them.
Click here to see Roman’s video of the event.
Thank you to all the Word2012 Read In ‘Flashmobbers’ for a fantastic contribution to the festival!
The flash mob was a joint production between Islington Community Theatre, All Change’s B Project for young women and Word2012. More photos coming soon…
- RT @LyrixOrganix: In 2014 we began #UnFold on the humble Box Office Stage. On 6 December we takeover Hall One with @tobythompson__ @sophiat… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: @NorfolkLibs Here's our book for #nationaltellastoryday created by Inspire! Young parents from @allchangearts for our @W… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: That's why we have #IslingtonReads - a community collaboration to promote reading for pleasure in schools, early years s… 1 month ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: It was such a special @WordIslington event and the best finale for #LibrariesWeek so we should thank our partners @allch… 1 month ago
- RT @HOIeducation: @Islingtonlibs @LyrixOrganix @keychangesmusic @allchangearts @Universalboard2 @IslingtonLife @ace__london It was a real p… 1 month ago