The sun came out on Highbury Fields on Saturday, just in time for the arrival of scores of young people (and one gorilla), all carrying bright orange Word Festival bags and books donated by the wonderful people from Oberon Books. The Read-In flashmob bemused, confused, intrigued and inspired the picnickers and passersby who saw it. Hundreds of people took information about Word 2012 away with them.
Click here to see Roman’s video of the event.
Thank you to all the Word2012 Read In ‘Flashmobbers’ for a fantastic contribution to the festival!
The flash mob was a joint production between Islington Community Theatre, All Change’s B Project for young women and Word2012. More photos coming soon…
- RT @IslingtonBC: The We Are Islington helpline is now live. Call 020 7527 8222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a reside… 1 week ago
- RT @IslingtonBC: If you or someone you know needs help to cope with getting food, medicine or practical support as a result of #coronavirus… 1 week ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: Really excited to be launching our very first #WorldofStories festival and the launch of #ReadingWell for children with… 4 weeks ago
- RT @Islingtonlibs: WOW! Is that a @WordIslington bag on Andy Warhol's sofa?! The Word Bird get's everywhere. #Word https://t.co/ILa6xhVuwp 4 months ago
- RT @AFCCommunity: ‘Grandads, dads and lads’ football poetry session today - part of @IslingtonLife @WordIslington ‘Going Places’ literary a… 5 months ago